Sunday, September 27, 2009

SOM '09 - This is my offering - For Your Glory! (original post - 21 May 09)

Last Wednesday, Archbishop John Dew celebrated mass with us in St Gerard's chapel to commission the participants for the upcoming outreach.

During the offertory, participants came up to offer different symbols expressing their desires and hopes for the outreach.



Wibina offering a pair of glasses, symbolising her desire to help people to see God more clearly.


Use my language, my words, Lord!

Use me to highlight Your presence in the world, use my heart to share Your love with the world!



Let me rely on the power of Your word to preach the Good News!

Let me be Your sheep, listening to Your voice, that I may go where You call me to!

Everything I am is for Your glory
Everything I am for You alone


At the end of the mass, Archbishop John Dew encouraged the participants on their mission and gave his blessing for each of them.



The earth stands still without You
And we could only move because You made us to
The world is nothing without You
And we could only love
Because You made us to!
...
Everything I am is for Your glory!
Everything I am is for You alone!

The whole community enjoyed the morning with their shepherd!




Honouring our Marist priests for their faithfulness in celebrating the Eucharist at St Gerard's over the years....





We hosted lunch for our dear pastors and thereafter we presented each Marist community with a framed photograph of St Gerard's.

The community praying for our shepherds; may they be rewarded a hundred fold for their generous giving of themselves in service of the Lord and His people.

The School of Missions team presented a sign language mime "Thank You" as a tribute to the priests. Thank you for giving to the Lord. We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment