Saturday, November 20, 2010

Choose to follow Jesus!

Last night we were at St Joseph's Church, Upper Hutt, to run a prayer meeting for the youth. It was really good to see them again, after our parish mission there in June.  It was also the first outreach for those who have returned for their Community Experience with us, namely, Albert, Valerie and Helena.

Val shared her journey of becoming a disciple of Jesus. "Slowly but surely through these little decisions to turn my life around and my commitment to spend time with God in prayer and reading the scriptures, God was changing me.  I began to understand more the heart of Jesus and His call for me to be His disciple."

Following Jesus requires a daily commitment. To choose to spend time with Him. To trust Him.
 Petrus bringing home the message of choosing to follow Jesus, in whom there is everlasting joy and fulfillment.

James Bond, watermelon and elephant. What do these have in common? 
The answer from us: A great time for ICPE and our friends from Upper Hutt!

1 comment:

  1. I'D LIKE TO GO WHERE JESUS WOULD LEAD ME TO,I'M HERE IN SINGAPORE NOW,WILL STAY UNTIL 20TH,BUT BEFORE LEAVING I'LL JOIN THE CHRISTMAS PARTY ORGANIZED BY THE ICPE SINGAPORE FOR 19th Dec Christmas Party at Yishun Marymount Crisis Center. EVER SINCE I FOUND ABOUT ICPE,IT HAS BEEN IN MY SOUL TO BECOME A PART OF IT,TO PLEASE MY LORD!I AM HAPPY FOR ALL WHO ARE ABLE TO GIVE IN TO THE CALL,I CAN SEE TRUE HAPPINESS IN YOUR SMILES!! GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete